PAID ROLE: Café Assistant Job Description
- Category: Vacancies
Café Assistant Job Description
Place of Work: Fort Amherst, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4UB.
Reporting to: Café Manager.
Responsible for: To assist with the day to day running of the café at Fort Amherst.
Hours of Work: Minimum of 18 hours weekly to include daytimes, evenings, weekends & bank holidays on a shift basis. Will include requirement to open and close premises early mornings and late evenings. Ability to work flexible hours is essential.
Pay per hour: Minimum wage dependant on age and experience.
This includes on a daily basis the following:
- Assist the Café Manager in the day to day running of Fort Amherst Café, including preparation and cooking of food.
- To be able to work unsupervised, to include opening and closing premises and running of Café, when required.
- To be the first point of contact for all visitors to Fort Amherst.
- To provide fantastic customer service to all visitors to Fort Amherst.
- To be polite and courteous at all times.
- To assist with the cleanliness and food hygiene legislation.
- To uphold the values and mission statement of Fort Amherst.
The priority of the café team is to provide a friendly and efficient full service to all of its customers at all times which means:
- Provide a friendly and efficient service to all of our visitors.
- To assist wherever necessary in ensuring that all visitors are receiving 100% satisfaction at all times.
- To provide good menu knowledge to our visitors.
- Give accurate information and ask for assistance when unsure.
- Ability to deal with complaining customers in a professional and efficient manner.
- To use the till in an efficient manner in accordance with the Cash Management policy.
- Ensure that all orders are rung through in an orderly manner.
- Completion of daily takings records.
Training and Support:
- Assist the Café Manager or Supervisor in providing relevant training to all volunteers and trainees when necessary.
- To attend appropriate meetings.
- Assist the Café Manager or Supervisor in ensuring that the café building, equipment and furnishings are properly maintained and to notify the Café Manager of any damages etc.
- Assist the Café Manager or Supervisor in ensuring that café areas inside and out are clean, safe and hygienic at all times, in accordance with the cleaning schedule.
- Ensure that the cleaning schedule is carried out and completed on a daily basis, to include cleaning of Café restrooms.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate.
- A minimum of 1 years experience in Café work including the cooking of food (essential).
- Experience in Cash Handling (preferred).