Car Parking at Fort Amherst (except during certain events)
Available Monday - Friday on a full or part time basis
Fort Amherst is offering the opportunity for members of the public to purchase commuter car parking at the Fort either on a monthly or a daily basis. A monthly pass for parking Monday - Friday is charged at £40.00 per month, payable in advance by direct debit. For those who would like parking at the Fort for part of the week only, we offer a monthly pass for 1 day per week for £10.00 or 2 days per week at £20.00 etc. In addition there is a one off administration charge of £10.00 to cover the cost of issuing your pass.
Daily paid parking is still available on a first come first served basis and there are only a limited number of spcaes. However, please be advised that a space is not guaranteed and that the charge is £3.00 per day.
CAR PARKING AT FORT AMHERST – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Car Park means the car park area at Fort Amherst Heritage Trust
Fort Amherst means Fort Amherst Heritage Trust, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4UB
Staff means any trustee, contractor or registered volunteer of Fort Amherst
Customer means, any person who has a valid car pass issued to them by Fort Amherst.
1. All persons parking at Fort Amherst do so at their own risk. Fort Amherst and its Staff, do not accept any liability for any vehicle parked at Fort Amherst and do not accept responsibility for any damage done to any vehicle parked at Fort Amherst.
2. The Car Park will open every morning at 7:00am (Monday – Friday) and the gate will be closed every evening at 7:00pm. Fort Amherst reserves the right to open and close the gates at its sole discretion between these hours, if necessary.
3. Persons leaving their cars parked in the Car Park overnight do so at their own risk and should be aware that it will not be possible for them to remove their vehicle between the hours of 7:00pm and 7:00am.
4. All Customers using the Car Park are requested to park sensibly in the designated area and to ensure that all cars are able to have unrestricted access to and from the Car Park at all times.
5. Car Parking is charged at a rate of £40.00 per calendar monthand is payable in advance. There is also a one off £10.00 administration charge to cover the cost of issuing the car parking pass. The first month's payment of £40.00 plus £10.00 administration fee is payable by cash or credit card at the time of submitting application. Taking a space entitles the holder to park at Fort Amherst from Monday to Friday of each week during the month. Spaces must be taken for a minimum period of one month. If a person wishes to cancel their parking at the Fort, they must give Fort Amherst one clear calendar months notice and are responsible for instructingtheir bank to cancel the standing order. Failure to do so will result in becoming liable for the following month’s payment.
6. The customer will take responsibility for setting up the standing order direct with their bank effective one calendar month from the first date of parking. Non receipt of the first standing order payment will result in cancellation of the pass.
7. Any person who has not paid for their parking in advance will have their car parking pass cancelled and will have no further access to parking at Fort Amherst.
8. Fort Amherst reserves the right to cancel a car pass of any Customer giving seven days notice in writing to that Customer, at the address held in Fort Amherst’s records. Fort Amherst is not required to give any reason for such cancellation.
9. In the unlikely event that car parking has to be suspended at Fort Amherst for any reason, Fort Amherst agrees, where possible to give 7 days notice to the Customers. Notice may be deemed given by posting a notice on the entrance gate to the Car Park.
10. Customers are entitled to claim a repayment of £2.00 per day for any day on which the Car Park is closed.
11. Customers must sign the application form to confirm receipt, understanding and adherence to these terms and conditions and set up of standing order payment. Without this signature the application will not be processed.
13. Fort Amherst bank details for standing order: Sort code 40-17-05 account no. 51362224